Functional Anatomy STOTT
March 14 @ 9:00 am - March 20 @ 2:30 pm| $980
6-Day Functional Anatomy Schedule:
3/14-3/20, 9:00-2:30 with a scheduled 30-min break. Sunday 3/17 is a day off (3 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on)
The Functional Anatomy course is part of the Comprehensive program, and fully prepares students for the LV.1 STOTT PILATES Intensive Program and our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. Additionally, it can serve as a refresher for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of anatomy in relation to movement in all practices!
The classroom-style presentation utilizes visual aids and hands-on techniques providing students with a thorough review of anatomy basics which can be applied to all repertoire, as well as functional activities and movement.
This course uses lectures, demonstrations and group activities to teach basic anatomy fundamentals. There is a focus on anatomical terminology, which includes anatomical position, planes of motion, types of movement, names and locations of the majority of the bones in the body, locations and actions of joints, major muscle groups and the individual muscles’ origin insertion and action. Select exercises from the STOTT PILATES® repertoire are also broken down and analyzed in terms of the functional anatomy at play. Participants will deepen their understanding of the body and enhance their teaching with improved exercise selection and programming.
What you will learn
- Anatomical position and the importance of it
- The bones that make up the axial and appendicular skeleton
- Names and locations of bony prominences and landmarks
- Terms of direction and relationship and their application to movement
- Types of joints and the movements available at the joints
- Types of muscular contractions including the application of force
- Origin, insertion and action of muscles
- Application of functional anatomy to chosen exercises and movements
No prerequisites required
Continuing education credits
STOTT PILATES 3.0
Students must bring their own anatomy books and reference.
- Trail Guide to the Body, Andrew Biel
- Anatomy Flash Cards, Anne Gilroy
- Atlas of Anatomy, Gilroy, MacPherson, Ross
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Germain
- Trail Guide to the Body 6th Edition Flash Cards by Andrew Biel
- AnatomyMapp® by Books of Discovery