Inversion Yoga Operations Manager
Job Description and Application
Inversion Yoga is looking for a responsible, customer service oriented, yoga and fitness enthusiast to join our team as manager of operations of our growing business and wellness community. Position requirements include but are not limited to the management of the front desk, retail store, and all studio operations. Position also entails liaising with Business Manager, Program Manager, and Studio Owner to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals, as well as planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
Full Time, Year Round
Hours: 40 hour a week, 2 weeks PTO Salary:
Competitive salary plus free yoga and retail discounts
Benefits: Health Insurance Benefits offered after 2-month trail period
Applications due by 5 pm on Friday, September 8th.
We are looking for a friendly, smart, authentic, and passionate person to create highquality, individualized experiences that support our students in living a healthy andempowered life now! We are seeking an outgoing, personable team member who thrivesin a community environment and is committed to our core values of truth, honestly,mindfulness, connection, safety, and creating a place of sanctuary for our community.This is a competitive and highly selective position. We are looking for the right person!
Qualities and Competencies
- Outgoing personality with impeccable customer services skills
- Able to work with a team and generate a positive work environment
- Able to maintain composure in stressful environment and multitask efficiently
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage people
- Passion for yoga and wellness
- Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in customer service, retail or sales environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Mindbody Online, and social forums: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Must be quick learner and tech savvy
- Extremely organized, patient, and kind
- Willingness to learn, grow, and be coached
Among our 20+ yoga teachers, 20+ karma yogis, around 40 people will be reporting to the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be reporting regularly to Business Manager: Hope Nartonis, Program Manager: Elly Garrett, and Studio Owner: Louise Sanseau.
Front Desk Management
- Studio efficiency: Properly train and manage team members on studio technologyand processes to ensure cleanliness and accuracy of studio data in the POS system(Mindbody Online).
- Answer questions, take difficult telephone calls, analyze the front desk budget, set schedules, and reply to email inquiries.
- Oversee client accounts: Resolve account discrepancies, generate individualizedwellness packages, connect with absent clients, and welcome guest are a few of many client duties that this job entails.
- Manage the karma yoga trade program: This role demands patience and kindnessas well as discipline and structure. Our karma yogis clean the studio and move the Aikido mats. They keep the machine moving! There is a fairly high turn over inthe membership of this program and the group needs to be empowered rather than micromanaged.
- Enter new orders into MBO, move retail onto floor, “merch” the store regularly,run monthly inventory reports, review reports monthly with Buyer.
- Maintenance of building: Our building takes a lot of abuse with the large amount of heat and humidity we move through it as well as all the sweaty bodies. We have dehumidifiers that we use to remove the humidity and our systems are active systems that require human engagement with our equipment to ensure movement of air through the building. Training and managing people to use these systems properly is super important for the health of our building.
- Maintenance of equipment: Change filters in the heaters, canisters in the humidifiers, regulate cleaning of duck-work and vents, and know what to do when the systems fail. Oversee regular cleaning of studio props.
- Complete payroll and business reports accurately and on time
- Participate in studio meetings / trainings as requested
Studio Sales & Marketing
- Create and execute on the monthly marketing plan based on studio needs (new client acquisition, client activation, retention, loyalty, etc.)
- Develop a strong presence in the surrounding community
- Establish and maintain relationships with the concierges
- Develop a tight knit community within the studio that is inviting to new students
- Manage the studio by example, consistently perform all tasks at the highest level
- Uplift all Team Members by giving them the tools to succeed
Inversion Yoga seeks to hire people who are self-competitive, rather than competitivewith others, and who strive to be the best person they can be. We are a drug-free, smoke-free workplace. We are looking for someone who loves yoga, holistic lifestyle practices, and who is eager to work to make wellbeing the greater global beast.
Please email your professional resume, 3 references (2 references must be from formeremployers), and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, September 8th. If you are a candidate, we will contact you and schedule an interview. We are aiming to begin training for this position by Monday, September 18th.
In your letter of interest, please address the following 10 questions below:
- Why do you want to be Operations Manager at Inversion Yoga?
- What specific skills do you have that relate to the job?
- Please describe your first experience at Inversion. What does Inversion Yoga represent and mean to you?
- What is the one word your friends would use to describe you and why?
- What company has given you the best customer service you have ever experienced? Why do you remember it?
- If you were given $5,000,000, what would you do with it?
- How do you view the greater wellness movement and how does it relate to your personal life?
- What is your current, past, and desired salary?
- Take this personality assessment and include your 4 letter personality type and a screen shot your results https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
- Please include anything else you would like for us to know!
Thank you for your interest! We greatly look forward to receiving your application.